Popmoney® is a convenient, secure way to send and receive money online. And it’s as easy as sending a text message!
Online Banking with Richwood Bank is required. Don’t have online banking? Call us to sign up!
With Popmoney® you can:
- Send mobile and email payments directly from your Richwood accounts.
- Send mobile and email requests for payments to your Richwood accounts.
- Deposit money into your Richwood accounts.
- Free yourself from the hassle of check writing and bank visits.
How does Popmoney® work?
- Log in to your Richwood Online Banking account and select “Bill Payments” and then “Popmoney®”. Send money to anyone by choosing one of these three methods: their email, text message to their mobile number, or directly to their account with their bank info.
- The recipient will be notified by email or text.
- Recipients complete the deposit of money via one of these methods (in order of preference): Richwood Online Banking, another online banking site that supports Popmoney®, or Popmoney.com.
- If it is the recipient’s first time receiving a Popmoney® payment via either email or text, they will likely need to enable that payment method by entering a verification code sent by Popmoney®. If the recipient is using the Popmoney.com site, they will need to enter their bank information the first time as well. Once this is done, they can easily receive payment.
- Tell us who you want to collect from and how much. The person or group doesn’t need to have an existing Popmoney® account. All you need is their email or mobile number.
- The recipient(s) will be notified by email or text. We can even send a reminder if they forget.
- Recipients can make the payment with just a few clicks.
- The money goes into your account automatically. You’ll get the money in your Richwood Bank account and a notification that your request has been paid.