Mobile Check Capture Instructions
1. Review the Terms and Conditions of Mobile Check Capture.
You can find an electronic copy of the terms and conditions on the main page of Online Banking when you log in. You can also call or visit any branch and receive another physical copy of the Mobile Check Capture Terms and Conditions.
2. Log into the Richwood Bank mobile app.
You may need to close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone, before logging into the Richwood Bank mobile app.
3. Sign/Endorse the back of your check and label it ‘For Deposit Only.’
4. Click on ‘Deposit.’
It may show a picture of a camera and found at the bottom or top of the app. The Deposit box comes up with two options, ‘Make a Deposit’ or ‘View Deposit History.’ Click on ‘Make a Deposit.’
5. Select the account you want the deposited funds to go to and enter the amount of the check.
Carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
6. Click ‘Take Photo’ to capture photo of Check Front and then Check Back.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo.
- Keep your phone or tablet flat and steady above the check. Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Make sure there are no shadows across the check and all four corners are visible.
- Verify the check is not blurry and the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
7. Click ‘Deposit Now.’
You will be asked to confirm the deposit by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’
8. The results screen will give you a message,
‘Deposit Pending,’ for the account you selected it to go into and the amount. Funds are normally received within two business days.
9. Once funds are successfully posted to your account, write ‘Mobile Deposit’ on the check front.
Retain the check for fifteen (15) calendar days after the date of deposit. To verify that funds were deposited, go to ‘View Deposit History.’ You will see a green check mark next to the amount deposited. If you have a red X next to the amount deposited, the check has failed to be deposited. You may need to resend the check through Mobile Check Capture or call the Bank to see why the check has failed to post successfully.
For full instructions and details on Mobile Check Capture, you can view our Mobile Check Capture Policy.