In today’s digital world, we have to work together more than ever to prevent identity fraud. It seems there is always a new scam out there where criminals are seeking to steal your identity or get their hands on your banking information. These crooks are ambitious, and they will come up with creative ways to go about getting your personal information. At Richwood Bank, we are continuously working to make sure you are protected and informed. Be aware that your bank will never ask for certain information through phone or email. See the list below of 10 things your bank will NEVER do.
We won’t call and ask for:
- Your account number
- Your full debit or credit card number
- Your CVV number
- Your PIN number
- Your full Social Security number
We will never:
- Close your account for refusal to give the above information.
- Ask you to complete a “test” transaction
- Address you as “user” or “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Ask you for your online banking password or security questions
- Ask you to text personal or banking information.
Trust your instincts. If something feels wrong, please call our trusted, friendly advisors for any questions you might have. We are always happy to help take the time to make sure you are protected. Because you matter, and your safety and peace of mind is our priority.
For information on identity theft and how else we can help keep you protected, visit https://richwoodbank.com/security/.